Can I claim my wife as a dependent if she is a foreign national who was living with me from Nov 2015? She doesn't yet have a US DL or SSN.

Resident visa will be issued in May of this year.

Generally, you cannot claim your spouse as a dependent unless if you file a separate return, you can claim an exemption for your spouse only if your spouse: 

-had no gross income from US, 

-isn't filing a return, and 

-wasn't the dependent of another taxpayer.

If your spouse is a nonresident alien, he or she must have either an SSN or an ITIN if:

You file a joint return,

You file a separate return and claim an exemption for your spouse, or

Your spouse is filing a separate return.

You will need to apply an ITIN for her. https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/General-ITIN-Information

If your spouse is a nonresident alien, is not being claimed as an exemption, and does not have an identifying number (SSN or ITIN), enter “NRA” in the space for Spouse's identifying number. Do not leave the space blank. If you have applied for an SSN or ITIN, enter “Applied for.”

You can still use TurboTax to prepare the form 1040, but can't e file.  Instead, you will print the form, attach to W-7 with the required documentation and mail them together to the designated IRS location at Austin TX.