Solved: Can I claim my son, who just got married 12/8/17, even though he lived with me and did not work and attended high school last year? He lived with me for 11 of 12 mos?

Can I claim my son, who just got married 12/8/17, even though he lived with me and did not work and attended high school last year? He lived with me for 11 of 12 mos?

It is their choice. If they file a Joint return, you cannot claim him (nor can her parents claim her).

However, if they had no 2017 income, there is no reason for them to file a return, nor any benefit to doing so.

Are he and his wife filing a Joint return?

Yes, and she has a child. They have only been together for a month. The only got married for tax purposes

Thank you, they both worked very minimal.

Then they will get the EIC.