Solved: Can I claim an my daughter who turned 18 in January 2016 She is disabled and still in high school

Can I claim an my daughter who turned 18 in January 2016 She is disabled and still in high school

Yes. Any one of those three things (under 19, student, or disabled) make her your dependent.

A child of a taxpayer can still be a “Qualifying Child” (QC) dependent, regardless of his/her income, if:

1. He is under age 19, or under 24 if a full time student for at least 5 months of the year, or is totally & permanently disabled

2. He did not provide more than 1/2 his own support. Scholarships are considered third party support and not as support provided by the student.

3. He lived with the parent (including temporary absences such as away at school) for more than half the year