Marky33

Can I add my parents as dependents if they their social security card shows "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization"? They are in the process of becoming citizens.

ReginaM

No, you can’t claim a person as a dependent unless that person is a U.S. citizen,
U.S. resident alien, U.S. national, or a resident of Canada or Mexico.   

A U.S. National is defined as U.S. national who, although not a U.S. citizen, owes his other allegiance to the United States. U.S. nationals include American Samoans and Northern Islanders who chose to become U.S.nationals instead of U.S. citizens.

Should you have further concerns in regards to your question, please reply to this thread.

ReginaM