Ask the Experts about self-employment >> Event happening NOW!
amandark4-

Can I access my AGI by pulling up last years tax info if I'm using a Turbo Tax CD. If so, where would it be located?

Texas Roger

You can't open a 2017 .tax file with a 2018 program installed on your computer. You can only open it with the 2017 program. Did you save a pdf of the 2017 return? If so, you don't need the program to open it.

How to find the AGI   <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618</a>

bluedeb

If you used the Desktop software last year then you can transfer your information from your 2017 return into your 2018 return, that will also transfer your 2017 AGI.  You can only transfer prior year information when you first start your 2018 return (before you enter any information). When you start your 2018 it will ask if you want to transfer your prior years information.

If you already started your return & don't want to start over, to open your .tax2017 file, you need the 2017 tax software installed on your computer.  Or, if you saved your 2017 return as a PDF file, you can open the file in Adobe Reader to find your 2017 AGI.

Select your form to see where the AGI is located on each form.

Form 1040 – Line 37

Form 1040A – Line 21

Form 1040EZ – Line 4

Form 1040NR – Line 36

Form 1040X – Line 1, Column A