chelsy93

Can file and claim my child without income?

Small retirement check only income all year

If you only have retirement income you probably don't need to be in the Self Employed version which is the highest version.  The Free Edition might even work for you.  It shows you are posting from the Self Employed version.
Hal_Al

I took "Small retirement check only income'' to mean that you didn't have enough income to be required to file a return.

State filing requirements may be different than Federal.
Hal_Al

No. The money you hear about people getting for just filing a tax return claiming kids requires you to  have some earned income (wages or self employment). Without earned income, you are not eligible for the "refundable" Earned Income Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit.

For tax purposes, a child is the "Qualifying Child" of any close relative he lives with. not just his parent. For example, if you and your children live with your parents, you can allow  them to claim your child, instead of you.