bajadog

Can a turbotax file be corrupt if kept in same folder as other family member's files?

I am concerned that my 2017 file may be corrupt or merged with my son's 2016 return we had in the same folder on the iMac.

SteamTrain

IF anyone has a similar name... (father is Robert, daughter is Roberta) yes they might overwrite when the default file name is generated

.......If you never use the default filename when you do the very first File save (windows is "Save-as", MAC is some other selection) then it's not an issue as long as you use a unique name. Then on subsequent saves it isn't an issue.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain