Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was supposed to get $30 off my return, according to your website if I filed by Feb. 28, yet I did not. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

I was supposed to get $30 off my return, according to your website if I filed by Feb. 28, yet I did not. Why?

By filing your taxes before March 1st, you have taken advantage of the early-season pricing because the prices are going to increase at 12:00 am PST on March 1st.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My question was not at all answered, which appears to be a total bait-and-switch by TurboTax!

Here's what I asked: " I was supposed to get $30 off my return, according to your website if I filed by Feb. 28, yet I did not. Why?"

And here was the response: " By filing your taxes before March 1st, you have taken advantage of the early-season pricing because the prices are going to increase at 12:00 am PST on March 1st."

The question still remains, if I submitted my taxes on Feb. 23, why on Earth didn't I get the $30 off that was promised in TurboTax's offering? Here's precisely what appeared at the top of the website when I started my return: "Only 5 days left. File by 2/28 and save up to $30."

Seems like a bait-and-switch to me!

@shawn.murphy
As you wrote above, the website says "UP TO" $30 discount before the end of Feb. 28.  It depends on the product used.   Deluxe has a $20 discount (39.99 instead of the normal price of 59.99.)   Premier has a $20 discount (59.99 instead of 79.99), and Self-Employed Edition has a $30 discount (89.99 instead of 119.99).

You appear to be using Deluxe.  Is that correct?   That is what is indicated by your username above.   If so, you should have received $20 off of the undiscounted price.   You should been charged 39.99 for a Federal return, and 36.99 for a State return (if applicable.)   If you were charged something different than those discounted fees, we can tell you how to speak to Customer Support.

If you chose to pay out of the Federal refund, then there is an additional 39.99 service fee for that option (44.99 for California filers, where it is bundled with Premium Services.)
sher6

I have the same feeling that you have. It showed that $30.00 was going to be taken off when paid for. It wasn't. No stipulations were made except for filing before February 28th. I really liked this program but not with the charges they hide from you until the end. What the heck. I felt so good about getting my taxed done but now I am upset all over again by this sneakiness.

sher6

I don't see a reply about the refund of $30. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies