darickaacars

Box e and 15 different

I'm filing as active military. What state do I file under as  box E has a different state than box 15. Both were input by recruiters at time of enlistment. Would box 15 be the state I should file state taxes under? Thanks!

TomD8

Box e and 15 different

You file in your State of Legal Residence (SLR).  Normally the state shown in Box 15 will be your SLR.

If you are stationed in a state other than your SLR, you would not file there unless you had non-military income there.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8

Box e and 15 different