Solved: Both Business and Deluxe Turbo Tax programs on my computer, why does a Business file call up the Deluxe program and is unable to open?

claude-inake

Both Business and Deluxe Turbo Tax programs on my computer, why does a Business file call up the Deluxe program and is unable to open?

I can open the business file in the Business program, but not through file manager.

mesquitebean

Both a personal tax data file and a Business Edition tax data file end in the same file extension *.taxYYYY.   You should not open the TurboTax program by double-clicking on a tax data file.   It won't know which one to open.

You should launch TurboTax first, then use the program to open the correct data file.

mesquitebean

claude-inake

Thanks, appreciate the quick response!
mesquitebean

You're welcome.  Good luck.