`
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Both Business and Deluxe Turbo Tax programs on my computer, why does a Business file call up the Deluxe program and is unable to open?

I can open the business file in the Business program, but not through file manager.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

Both Business and Deluxe Turbo Tax programs on my computer, why does a Business file call up the Deluxe program and is unable to open?

Both a personal tax data file and a Business Edition tax data file end in the same file extension *.taxYYYY.   You should not open the TurboTax program by double-clicking on a tax data file.   It won't know which one to open.

You should launch TurboTax first, then use the program to open the correct data file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Both a personal tax data file and a Business Edition tax data file end in the same file extension *.taxYYYY.   You should not open the TurboTax program by double-clicking on a tax data file.   It won't know which one to open.

You should launch TurboTax first, then use the program to open the correct data file.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, appreciate the quick response!
Highlighted
Level 15

You're welcome.  Good luck.