Solved: Being self employed Can i add my earnings from 2016 to my 2017 taxes to file both 2016 and 2017 together

Being self employed Can i add my earnings from 2016 to my 2017 taxes to file both 2016 and 2017 together

No. You must file every year separately (whether self employed or otherwise) on the tax forms for the corresponding tax year.

To file a return for a prior tax year

Only a 2017 return can be prepared online and e-filed. 

If you need to prepare a return for 2014, 2015, or 2016 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.