turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

At the 'file' portion of my return, it's telling me I owe $64.98, with '3 items' in parentheses, and no explanation. It Previously told me I owed $29.99

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Lakeisha

At the 'file' portion of my return, it's telling me I owe $64.98, with '3 items' in parentheses, and no explanation. It Previously told me I owed $29.99

Did you Pay your Fees out of your Turbo Tax Refund?

Depending on what you Enter in the Software depending on if it is a Easy Return or Not, the system may ask you to Upgrade.

You can see if you Qualify for the Freedom Edition. It is free to File the State and Federal Return. If you chose to have your Turbo Tax Fees taken out of your Return you will also encounter a additional charge of 34.99

• Unfortunately, the promotional offer to file the state for free with TurboTax Federal Free Edition ended on March 16, 2017 which is why it's asking you to pay the $29.99. You can see if you qualify for the TurboTax Freedom Edition which is free to file federal and state taxes. https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/
I hope this information helps answer your question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lakeisha

Did you Pay your Fees out of your Turbo Tax Refund?

Depending on what you Enter in the Software depending on if it is a Easy Return or Not, the system may ask you to Upgrade.

You can see if you Qualify for the Freedom Edition. It is free to File the State and Federal Return. If you chose to have your Turbo Tax Fees taken out of your Return you will also encounter a additional charge of 34.99

• Unfortunately, the promotional offer to file the state for free with TurboTax Federal Free Edition ended on March 16, 2017 which is why it's asking you to pay the $29.99. You can see if you qualify for the TurboTax Freedom Edition which is free to file federal and state taxes. https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/
I hope this information helps answer your question.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies