jraymond97

At the 'file' portion of my return, it's telling me I owe $64.98, with '3 items' in parentheses, and no explanation. It Previously told me I owed $29.99

Lakeisha

Did you Pay your Fees out of your Turbo Tax Refund?

Depending on what you Enter in the Software depending on if it is a Easy Return or Not, the system may ask you to Upgrade.

You can see if you Qualify for the Freedom Edition. It is free to File the State and Federal Return. If you chose to have your Turbo Tax Fees taken out of your Return you will also encounter a additional charge of 34.99

• Unfortunately, the promotional offer to file the state for free with TurboTax Federal Free Edition ended on March 16, 2017 which is why it's asking you to pay the $29.99. You can see if you qualify for the TurboTax Freedom Edition which is free to file federal and state taxes. https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/
I hope this information helps answer your question.

Lakeisha