Solved: At my divorce I signed quick claim deeds for 4 homes. The mortgages for these houses are still in my name (3 solely). Can I force my ex to get my name off the mortgages?

At my divorce I signed quick claim deeds for 4 homes. The mortgages for these houses are still in my name (3 solely). Can I force my ex to get my name off the mortgages?

Unfortunately my attorney did not consider the fact that my name was on the mortgages so this was not dealt with at the divorce 5 years ago. 3 mortgages are solely in my name and on one I am the primary borrower and my ex is secondary. 

This is a legal question, not a tax question. We can't help you with this question here in the TurboTax AnswerXchange. You should consult an attorney - either your original attorney or someone else - instead of trying to get an answer on the Internet. An attorney can examine the relevant documents and tell you how to proceed.

Thanks for answering. I was thinking I would need an attorney but just thought I would ask in case anyone had had a similar situation in the past. Thanks again.