turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Asked my husband filled in 2019 tax return joined. This year i do separate. But 2019 i didn't work. So what i can write 2019my adjusted gross

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
PattiF
Expert Alumni

Asked my husband filled in 2019 tax return joined. This year i do separate. But 2019 i didn't work. So what i can write 2019my adjusted gross

You would enter 0 for your AGI (adjusted gross income) for 2019 since you didn't have any income and your filing status has changed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you and your spouse filed a joint return for 2019 then your AGI is the same amount as your spouse's for 2019.  It is on line 8b of your 2019 Form 1040.   It does not matter if you worked that year.   The AGI is the same for both spouses on a joint return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I got call from IRS this was automatic voice I not understand if they accepted my return or not

Can you check for me please.and late me know what is going on.

@veranika1964 wrote:

I got call from IRS this was automatic voice I not understand if they accepted my return or not

Can you check for me please.and late me know what is going on.

The IRS does not call or email a taxpayer.  They only communicate through the US mail.

The phone call was a scam.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies