Asked my husband filled in 2019 tax return joined....

veranika1964

Asked my husband filled in 2019 tax return joined. This year i do separate. But 2019 i didn't work. So what i can write 2019my adjusted gross

pattif12

You would enter 0 for your AGI (adjusted gross income) for 2019 since you didn't have any income and your filing status has changed.

If you and your spouse filed a joint return for 2019 then your AGI is the same amount as your spouse's for 2019.  It is on line 8b of your 2019 Form 1040.   It does not matter if you worked that year.   The AGI is the same for both spouses on a joint return.

veranika1964

I got call from IRS this was automatic voice I not understand if they accepted my return or not

Can you check for me please.and late me know what is going on.

@veranika1964 wrote:

The IRS does not call or email a taxpayer.  They only communicate through the US mail.

The phone call was a scam.