Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does anyone know how to remove a form that has erroneous information that is preventing me from going forward? P.S. It involves an LP that was closed and traded for stk.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Does anyone know how to remove a form that has erroneous information that is preventing me from going forward? P.S. It involves an LP that was closed and traded for stk.

Are  you using the online version of TurboTax?  Which form do you want to delete?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

cd version I had a limited partnership that went to a conventional stock causing a taxable transaction. The K-1 was downloaded and data imported to TTax Somehow an input was created that added more shares than I actually have and I cannot correct the error.
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

The following instructions will tell you how to delete an individual form.  However, if you need to delete a K-1 you need to also delete the triggers that prompt it, so see those instructions below if you need to delete a K-1.

To delete a form other than a K-1:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

To delete a K-1:

TurboTax Online

You can delete the K-1 in TurboTax Online by following these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Personal Income > I’ll choose what I work on].
  2. Under S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts, click on the box next to Schedule K-1
  3. On the Tell Us About Your Schedules K-1 screen.  Click on the Start/Update box next to the type of entity that issued the K-1 (partnership, S-Corp., or Estate/Trust).
  4. If you have already entered K-1 information or it transferred from last year, you will see the [Type of Entity] K-1 Summary screenClick Delete next to the name.

TurboTax CD/Download

You can delete the K-1 in TurboTax CD/Download by following these steps:

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Wages & Income > I’ll choose what I work on. [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Personal Income > I’ll choose what I work on].
  2. Under Business Items, click on the box next to Schedules K-1, Q.
  3. On the Tell Us About Your Schedules K-1 screen.  Click on the Start/Update box next to the type of entity that issued the K-1 (partnership, S-Corp., or Estate/Trust].
  4. If you have already entered K-1 information or it transferred from last year, you will see the [Type of Entity] K-1 Summary screenClick Delete next to the name.

I am using TT CD/software in Windows. My 2018 return forwarded but I suspect my deceased husband never deleted old maturities for years! I want to delete old matured securities showing on my  2019 return (interest) so the current 1099-INTs are not at the bottom of the list. I can manually delete the NAMES of the old securities in the Form but I cannot delete the zeros in the amount column. Thank you for your help.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

In Forms mode (icon at top right in blue bar), if the old 1099-INT forms are still showing in the "Forms in My Return" column on the left, you can click on each one you no longer need, and when it opens as a form, click the Delete Form button at the bottom.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies