turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tpgi

How many returns can I file using turbo tax for business 2016?

I have a Sub S business and my wife has a LLC business. Can I use my turbo tax for business 2016 to complete both returns?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
WilsonTR

Are you using the desktop (downloaded) version?

If you are using the On-Line version, one of the features is that the  user ID/account can be used for ONE and only one tax return --e-filed or printed/mailed.  (Has always been this way)

If you need (or try) to prepare more than one return you MUST create a new user ID/account and pay for EACH return  --if you want to use the on-line version.  The same e-mail address can be used for multiple DIFFERENT account ID's.

If you try to prepare a second return using the same ID you will overwrite all data for the first return
and it will be lost forever; thus if the IRS challenges your first return you will no longer have a basis
to respond to questions.

Starting another return (with the Online version)
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-a-second-return-in-turbotax-online

If you are using the Desktop version (which you install on your own computer) simply open/launch the program and select the BLUE "Start a New Return" button (or select "New Return" under the "File" tab in the menu bar) near the center of the window; TTax should then save each return with a unique filename based on the first name listed on the actual return.  Multiple returns are no problem and no additional cost. The IRS limits you to 5 e-filed returns; however you can print and mail additional returns.

You can purchase CD (or Download) from TTax at this link:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/?view=desktop

You should also be aware that many retailers (on-line and storefront) frequently sell TTax CDs and/or downloads for less.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies