turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lquarles

I lived in 2 states in 2017. Can I use one copy of Deluxe Turbo Tax to file for both states?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I lived in 2 states in 2017. Can I use one copy of Deluxe Turbo Tax to file for both states?

Are you using desktop Deluxe (CD/download)?  If so, one state program may already be included.   Deluxe comes in 2 versions--one that is combo Federal and State, and one that is Federal-only.

You only need 1 copy of Deluxe.  If you have the Deluxe version that has one state program included, you can purchase the second state program.   It is currently discounted at 39.99 (normally 44.99).    You can buy it from inside the Deluxe program.

Each state return has a 24.99 state efile fee, currently discounted to 19.99.  There is no state efile fee for New York state, and no fee to print and mail the state returns.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Are you using desktop Deluxe (CD/download)?  If so, one state program may already be included.   Deluxe comes in 2 versions--one that is combo Federal and State, and one that is Federal-only.

You only need 1 copy of Deluxe.  If you have the Deluxe version that has one state program included, you can purchase the second state program.   It is currently discounted at 39.99 (normally 44.99).    You can buy it from inside the Deluxe program.

Each state return has a 24.99 state efile fee, currently discounted to 19.99.  There is no state efile fee for New York state, and no fee to print and mail the state returns.

lquarles

Thank you!

You're welcome.  Good luck.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies