turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tulip1846

I’m wanting to file taxes for my brother . I had no income in 2017? How do I start ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ModestaL

I’m wanting to file taxes for my brother . I had no income in 2017? How do I start ?

TurboTax Online can only prepare and e-file one Federal return and up to five state returns per User ID. To file a return for someone else, you must create a new User ID for that person. You may create a new login (up to 5) tied to your same email address if you'd like. 

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, first save what you're currently working on by clicking File > Save As. Then, to start a new tax file, click File > New Tax Return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ModestaL

Are you trying to use your account?
ModestaL

TurboTax Online can only prepare and e-file one Federal return and up to five state returns per User ID. To file a return for someone else, you must create a new User ID for that person. You may create a new login (up to 5) tied to your same email address if you'd like. 

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, first save what you're currently working on by clicking File > Save As. Then, to start a new tax file, click File > New Tax Return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies