turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jinzx4

Why is the "Transmit my returns now" button saying the date is incorrect even though it is not? Recaptcha there and checked, tried to enter the info on multiple devices.

The date is correcc. Recaptcha appeared and has been checked. No other info is I'm correct. No ad-blockers or cookie blockers enabled. Still not working. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is the "Transmit my returns now" button saying the date is incorrect even though it is not? Recaptcha there and checked, tried to enter the info on multiple devices.

Are you in Hawaii by any chance?

This can happen in Hawaii at the end of a month close to Midnight due to time zones.  You are still on Jan 31, and the rest of the USA is Feb.1.   It will probably resolve within a few hours, so you might as well just wait until morning.    It can also happen if the date/time is not set correctly on your computer.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I removed your image from this public forum.  See if the info below is your situation.

Oh, good grief!  OOPS!   I originally posted the wrong answer in the space below.  That was for a different user with a different problem.   It was on my computer clipboard so it pasted the wrong thing.    I've now corrected the answer below, but you may have been emailed the wrong one.  Please ignore that first answer.  Obviously it does not apply to you.  Sorry.

@jinzx4
My new answer below explains what you are likely experiencing, if you are in Hawaii, where it is still January 31.

Are you in Hawaii by any chance?

This can happen in Hawaii at the end of a month close to Midnight due to time zones.  You are still on Jan 31, and the rest of the USA is Feb.1.   It will probably resolve within a few hours, so you might as well just wait until morning.    It can also happen if the date/time is not set correctly on your computer.

jinzx4

Yes, I am in Hawaii. But when I entered 02/01/2019 on another page, it worked just fine. I don't understand

It can be funky at the end of a month for Hawaii.  Just wait a few hours.  It should eventually resolve.
jinzx4

Okay, thank you!
jinzx4

Hope you're right!

You're welcome.    That should be it.  That's why I immediately asked about Hawaii.   I don't know how long it will take for it to reset.     So just try again tomorrow.

As I mentioned, it can happen to other users occasionally if the date/time on their computer is set incorrectly.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies