• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christib90

Are we required to remember a pin before sending our information to the IRS? I remember last year you had one chance to answer correctly or it would put a big wait on your return if answered incorrect

3 Replies
MaryK1101
Expert Alumni

Are we required to remember a pin before sending our information to the IRS? I remember last year you had one chance to answer correctly or it would put a big wait on your return if answered incorrect

You can use a PIN or the prior year Adjusted Gross Income.  If you used TurboTax last year, it will be able to transfer the information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ireneviera18

I need to switch the identity pin on my return

MaryK1101
Expert Alumni

Go to Other Tax Situations and look for Identity protection PIN or type "IP PIN" in the Search box to Jump To link

@ireneviera18

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v