turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I havent received my w2s, but earned $8016.00 from employer for disability in 2016. Also have income from daughter Makayla , who draws off my SS.

I receive $8016.00 on my LTD from employee for 2016.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeeM

I havent received my w2s, but earned $8016.00 from employer for disability in 2016. Also have income from daughter Makayla , who draws off my SS.

You should wait until you receive your W-2s and all other tax information before preparing your tax return.

The deadline for W-2 copies to be mailed to you is January 31, 2017. If you have not received them shortly after that, I would contact your employer.

Once you have all of your information, you can get started on your 2016 tax return. Remember to use the same login information that you used for your 2015 return, if you prepared it using TurboTax, for the benefit of having all of your tax returns in one account. If you can't find your prior year tax information in your account after logging in, you may have multiple accounts. Please see the following FAQ for help with accessing your main account. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302270

View solution in original post

2 Replies

and what is your question?
LeeM

You should wait until you receive your W-2s and all other tax information before preparing your tax return.

The deadline for W-2 copies to be mailed to you is January 31, 2017. If you have not received them shortly after that, I would contact your employer.

Once you have all of your information, you can get started on your 2016 tax return. Remember to use the same login information that you used for your 2015 return, if you prepared it using TurboTax, for the benefit of having all of your tax returns in one account. If you can't find your prior year tax information in your account after logging in, you may have multiple accounts. Please see the following FAQ for help with accessing your main account. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302270

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies