Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

narges45

Amended when i just recieve my 1095 A and tax return went from $1630 to $45. it's never been this low, and it cost more pay turbotax than i am actually getting back

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Amended when i just recieve my 1095 A and tax return went from $1630 to $45. it's never been this low, and it cost more pay turbotax than i am actually getting back

You are still receiving your original refund amount

The tax calculator on Turbo Tax resets to zero when you start the amended return process.

The amount on your 1040-X is either additional refund (Line 22), as in your case, or an amount due that has to be paid back to the IRS (Line 20).

Your total refund would be your original refund amount plus the amount you will receive from your amended return.

Since the 1095-A was not reported on your original e-file, you would end up amending your return - or corresponding with the IRS.  At least now, you have it all taken care of!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You are still receiving your original refund amount

The tax calculator on Turbo Tax resets to zero when you start the amended return process.

The amount on your 1040-X is either additional refund (Line 22), as in your case, or an amount due that has to be paid back to the IRS (Line 20).

Your total refund would be your original refund amount plus the amount you will receive from your amended return.

Since the 1095-A was not reported on your original e-file, you would end up amending your return - or corresponding with the IRS.  At least now, you have it all taken care of!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies