karthiknavilpaka

Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

bluedeb

If you qualify & filed a 2019 or 2018 return (if you are on Social Security or Disability, you don't need to do anything).

Who qualifies for the stimulus payments?

The payments go to almost any adult with a Social Security number, as long as they aren’t dependents of someone else.

Those adults get the payments for the children in their household. Payments start phasing out for those with income above $75,000 in adjusted gross income for individuals, $112,500 for heads of household (often single parents) and $150,000 for married couples. The payments start shrinking above those levels.

For those with no children, the benefit disappears at $99,000 for individuals and $198,000 for married couples.

According to the IRS, Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who haven’t filed tax returns for 2018 or 2019 will receive $1,200 stimulus payments based on information contained in their “1099” benefit statements. No additional paperwork is required, per the latest guidance from the IRS. However, for those who haven’t filed 2018 or 2019 tax returns, and who are not Social Security recipients or railroad retirees, a “simple” tax return will be required even if you don’t ordinarily file a tax return. The IRS has yet to specify what is meant by a "simple” tax return.

bluedeb

@Pepper1964 

Eligible individuals don’t need a minimum income for the Payment.

However, for higher income individuals, the Payment amount is reduced by 5% of the amount that your adjusted gross income exceeds $75,000 ($112,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household or $150,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return), until it is $0.

The $1,200 Payment for eligible individuals with no qualifying children ($2,400 for married couples filing a joint return) will be reduced to $0 once adjusted gross income reaches the following thresholds:

• $198,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return
  • $136,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household
  • $99,000 for all others

Each of these threshold amounts increases by $10,000 for each additional qualifying child. For example, because families with one qualifying child receive an additional $500 Payment, their $1,700 Payment ($2,900 for taxpayers filing a joint return) will be reduced to $0 once adjusted gross income reaches the following thresholds:

• $208,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return
  • $146,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household
  • $109,000 for all others

bluedeb

@Tabitha4  The total amount of your stimulus check will be based on your adjusted gross income, or AGI, from your 2019 federal tax filing or -- if you haven't filed this year -- your 2018 filing.  

The amount you'll receive will depend on your total income in 2019 or 2018. If you qualify, you'll receive one payment. Here's who qualifies:

• If you're a single US resident and have an adjusted gross income less than $99,000
  • If you file as the head of a household and earn under $146,500
  • If you file jointly without children and earn less than $198,000

Many who normally are not required to file a tax return -- including senior citizens, Social Security and Social Security Disability Insurance recipients and railroad retirees -- will not need to file a simple tax return to receive the payment, the IRS said.

The IRS said recipients of Supplemental Security Income will automatically receive the full $1,200 economic impact payment, with no action needed on their part. The IRS projects payments for these recipients will go out by early May.

Others, including those who haven't filed a 2018 or 2019 return because they are under the normal income limits for filing a tax return, can use the Non-Filers portal to get their payment. To get started, go to the IRS' Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here site and tap the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here button. As part of the process, you'll enter personal information and, if you want to receive your stimulus check by direct deposit, banking information.

bluedeb

@65neco 

U.S. residents will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for head of household filers and
  • $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns

Taxpayers will receive a reduced payment if their AGI is between:

• $75,000 and $99,000 if their filing status was single or married filing separately
  • 112,500 and $136,500 for head of household
  • $150,000 and $198,000 if their filing status was married filing jointly

The amount of the reduced payment will be based upon the taxpayers specific adjusted gross income.

Eligible retirees and recipients of Social Security, Railroad Retirement, disability or veterans' benefits as well as taxpayers who do not make enough money to normally have to file a tax return will receive a payment. This also includes those who have no income, as well as those whose income comes entirely from certain benefit programs, such as Supplemental Security Income benefits.

Retirees who receive either Social Security retirement or Railroad Retirement benefits will also receive payments automatically.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

bluedeb

@wharrell23 

Only the IRS knows when you will receive your stimulus check.  You can use the IRS Get My Payment for information

Use the "Get My Payment" application to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

@Wachter  wrote:

Am I going to receive my stimulus checks 

Go to this IRS website for stimulus payment information FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

Use this IRS website for stimulus payment status or to update your bank account - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Use this IRS website for get my payment FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

bluedeb

@ DotDebase62  The IRS rule is if you file as Married Filing Separate you must put your spouse's SSN on your tax return if you want to e-file.  The IRS compares Married Filing Separate SSN to make sure each spouse used the same deduction (Standard or Itemized Deduction).  If you don't put their SSN on your tax return you must mail in your return.

You do not claim your spouse as a dependent.  The best filing method for married is Married Filing Joint, even if only one spouse has income.  If you file a joint return, that would qualify both of you for the stimulus money.

bluedeb

@kenton43  Yes, you will still receive a stimulus check, since the IRS cannot use direct debit information to direct deposit your stimulus check, they will mail you a check.  

bluedeb

wesleyyt

Will I get the stimulus check if I was claimed as a dependent on my 2018 tax form but am now an independent on my 2019 tax form which I just submitted?

DeanM15

Yes, you should get a stimulus payment based on your 2019 federal tax return. The IRS is first looking for the 2019 federal tax return. If it is unavailable, they then look at 2018.

@wesleyyt

wesleyyt

But I thought they already sent out the stimulus checks? Or will they send new ones based on new 2019 info at a later date?

sroman1976

am im eligible

sroman1976

thanks

moreno

I always owe and pay through my credit card, I do not pay through my bank account. So

will i receive it through my mailing address that i have on turbo tax information?

Williegirl

I filled my 2018 taxes with H&R block but cannot find the form...am I still entitled to the stimulus package

samadna

I have filed 2019 returns via turbotax and received my refund too (i have got SSN too). But, I see that my status is showing up as "Payment Status not available" in the IRS link https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login

Any reason for the same?

hthomps10

I filed my 2018 last year and 2019 on the 29th of March, so the IRS should have my information yet when I go to check the status of my stimulus check it says : 

Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

And I dont understand why

CatinaT1

Go here to - Filers: Get Your Payment

hthomps10

That's where I went to several times today and when I put my information in it said that my payment status wasn't available because they apparently didn't have my information, which is complete BS because I did my filing for both years already

Pebbles327

I need to check on my taxes  on as is [social security number removed]

jackphipps

I filed separate with my wife as we are no longer together.

Im not a dependent and on my taxes it has the box ticked saying "my spouse can be claimed as a dependent"

Could this effect me? i know for a fact she got her payment but im still yet to get mine?