turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Alright so I know for a fact that the state has taken what i owed them out of my bank account and I also made a payment to the irs for my federal taxes. Yet my app says I still owe it all as if I nev

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Alright so I know for a fact that the state has taken what i owed them out of my bank account and I also made a payment to the irs for my federal taxes. Yet my app says I still owe it all as if I nev

The TT app will ALWAYS say you owe because  that is the result of the return computations.  TT never gets any further information on any payments you make from any source.   

If you went to a paid professional and walked out with a paper copy of the return it would always say you owe even if you paid it ... same thing holds on the TT system. 

Right.  Turbo Tax will always say you owe or refund.  That is just the end result of your return.  The IRS doesn't update Turbo Tax when they get your payment.  Just like if you print and keep a copy in your files.  It is never updated.

Thanks a lot that makes sense 

Thank you for letting me know.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies