turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Allocate Taxes, Credits, and Payments...where do I find the information regarding "Tax Payments" on Injured Spouse Form?

On form 8379 "Injured Spouse" as I'm going through the questions, it comes to the section: Allocate Taxes, Credits, and Payments.  I'm able to determine the information (amounts) for "Other Taxes" and "Income Tax Withheld" but the 3rd one, "Tax Payments" I have no idea where this amount/figure came from.  How do I find out where this dollar amount was calculated and where do I find this information?  I can't find any answer as to what "Tax Payments" is referring to and how do I determine what portion of the dollar amount listed is mine and what portion is my spouses?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
dweelea

Allocate Taxes, Credits, and Payments...where do I find the information regarding "Tax Payments" on Injured Spouse Form?

That is asking for the amount of estimated tax payments made during the year.  If there is a number there, you must have some estimated tax payments on the return.  Generally people make estimated taxes when they are self-employed, or if they come into some unexpected money that does not have taxes withheld (for example, gambling winnings).

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies