• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
findtheloefflers

After I filed my Federal I noticed on the print out that I never went back in and filled in my newest son's correct SSN. Do I just wait to see if the IRS catches it?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

After I filed my Federal I noticed on the print out that I never went back in and filled in my newest son's correct SSN. Do I just wait to see if the IRS catches it?

Yes, you should wait to see if your return is accepted or rejected by the IRS before you do anything else.

If the SSN and name do not match, the return will likely be rejected.  Then you can fix the number before the return is resubmitted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you should wait to see if your return is accepted or rejected by the IRS before you do anything else.

If the SSN and name do not match, the return will likely be rejected.  Then you can fix the number before the return is resubmitted.

View solution in original post

findtheloefflers

That’s exactly what happened. Thanks!  Resubmitted and now all good to go and accepted.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v