After I add back my excess deferrals, Turbo Tax error message says my w-2 figures are wrong, so do I file with that "error"?

You can still paper file with this error; however, you won't be able to e-file.

TurboTax is aware of the e-filing issue you are having and is currently working on a solution. An update to fix the issue is expected to be released around 4/5/2019.  

Be sure to sign up for updates to be alerted as soon as there is a solution.  If you do not want to wait for an update, you have the option to paper file your tax returns as this is only an e-filing issue.

You can check out this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Excess 401(k) Contribution Preventing E-filing.