wadethefred

After entering in most of my information, I accidentally switched to the Self-Employed version of Turbo Tax. Do I really have to "clear and start over" to downgrade versions?

JohnR1

Yes, there is no other way to downgrade, other than to clear your return data in your upgraded version, and start over in the other TurboTax version.

You can downgrade from TurboTax Self Employed to another version of TurboTax Online, as long as you haven't paid yet (or registered in a free version) - but as mentioned, please bear in mind that you will need to clear any data which you have entered and start over in the other TurboTax version.

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ, "Can I switch to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?":

JohnR1