Solved: Affordable Care Act form 1095-A

Affordable Care Act form 1095-A

shared a Marketplace policy with more than one person,  need help allocating policy amounts

Affordable Care Act form 1095-A

You can allocate policy amounts any way you like, as long as they add up to 100 percent on all the tax returns. 

You need to be in agreement with the people you shared the policy with. You can share the policy 0/100, 50/50, 60/40 or any amount for a two-person policy.  You can see more here, starting on page 26.

Affordable Care Act form 1095-A

Be sure to indicate that the policy is shared with individuals who are not on your return. You can choose any percentage you want, but the total allocation must not be greater than 100%. Therefore, you suggested percentages would not be allowed.

Affordable Care Act form 1095-A

Affordable Care Act form 1095-A

The issue is - how do you enter more than one other person?

Affordable Care Act form 1095-A

After you enter the 1095-A, there will be a few followup questions, but then you will see the summary- Look for Add Another.  See below.

@twolf

Affordable Care Act form 1095-A

So I add the same 1095-A form again for each of my 2 children that are not my dependents? I don't see how that can be done other than ballon my  tax liability 3 fold, my situation is one child made $4700 and the other $4330 so both don't qualify as my dependents any more, also one already filed her taxes without doing the form 1095 and trying to do an amendment keeps saying that she is still my dependent and tells me to delete the form.

Can I put the percentages in my return as follows   66    66   33?

Affordable Care Act form 1095-A