turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes prepared not filed. Not going to use turbo tax after all...is this a problem?

Turbo tax will not allow me to e file yet (used free edition online) something about a form that hasn't been finalized by the IRS. I tried elsewhere online and was able to e file after answering their more in depth qquestions. I will not be proceeding any further with turbo tax after all.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Taxes prepared not filed. Not going to use turbo tax after all...is this a problem?

No problem.  If you are not going to use TurboTax you can clear any tax data from your account and just sign out.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen when your 2017 tax return is being accessed.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

TT cannot release the forms until the IRS has approved TT's versions (programming) of those forms.

Ok I was able to e file elsewhere...answered more in depth questions. Not using TT....

No problem.  If you are not going to use TurboTax you can clear any tax data from your account and just sign out.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen when your 2017 tax return is being accessed.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

Tried that it says I can't clear my information since the return is prepared just hasn't been filed

[email address removed] NOT brandini86

Messages go to the email address that is shown on your profile on this page.  Click on the down arrow on the icon in the upper right of this screen.  Click on Profile Settings.
If you have registered the account, paid for the account, or filed the tax return, then the tax data cannot be cleared.

Account is registered, taxes prepared (free edition) but NOT filed...won't be filing even when forms are finalized by IRS. Have already e filed somewhere else

Then you can just abandon the account.  Nothing will be done with the information and cannot be filed without your specific input.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies