Solved: A K-1 stmt for capital gains is delayed. I will need to file for an extension. My question is regarding an expected refund and how do I indicate on Form 4868?

A K-1 stmt for capital gains is delayed. I will need to file for an extension. My question is regarding an expected refund and how do I indicate on Form 4868?

On form 4868, where to indicate a refund amount (versus a balance due amount)?

If you expect a refund, there is no penalty for late filing and you do not need to file form 4868.

If you still wish to file an extension for extra peace of mind, you can indicate 0 as tax due and 0 as amount paid with extension.