mamachelle4

A friend and I were both self-employed in CA (separate businesses). Can we share one product to file our returns or do we each have to purchase a separate product?

Our businesses are separate entities and both will need federal/state returns. Since the Home & Business product allows 5 federal returns, I'm wondering if we can make a single product purchase to file our returns? Also, will each state return be $20 or just the 2nd state return filed?

yes you can use the same program.  Be sure to save each return before starting the next one.  Go to File - Save or Save As to give it a name you can tell them apart.

You get one free state program download which can prepare unlimited state returns but each state return (including the first one) is 19.99 to efile (goes up to 24.99 later) or you can print and mail state for free.

mamachelle4

Wonderful! Thank you, VolvoGirl!