• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocojones25

$300 dollars was deposited into my bank account from tcs treas 449 but when I call them that said I owed nothing so why is my refund lower than the $886 something I was suppose to receive

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SweetieJean
Level 15

$300 dollars was deposited into my bank account from tcs treas 449 but when I call them that said I owed nothing so why is my refund lower than the $886 something I was suppose to receive

If you see “TCS TREAS 449” on your payment, you will need to contact the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107, and select the option “to find out if an offset has, or will, occur.” 

TT is not advised when the IRS offsets or adjusts a refund.  Wait for a letter to arrive from the IRS.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SweetieJean
Level 15

If you see “TCS TREAS 449” on your payment, you will need to contact the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107, and select the option “to find out if an offset has, or will, occur.” 

TT is not advised when the IRS offsets or adjusts a refund.  Wait for a letter to arrive from the IRS.

View solution in original post

ninjamackk

I have the same issue i received 3151 bt was supposed to receive 8285 irs and tcs tresurey states I have NO OFF SETS..what is going on
smoney21

did anybody get their money back they were supposed too?
Spouse1234
Level 3

My refund got deposited today and I noticed it is about $142 less than what I expected. I called and it says it was taken by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. So I have to call them later and see what is up.
Larrypanda

Did you end up getting tour money back? I’m currently going through the same scenario and I have no offset according to the phone robit

CassLO
Expert Alumni

There can be a number of reasons why your refund was less than the amount you expected. You will be receiving a letter from the IRS explaining the difference but this can take a few weeks. TurboTax does not receive feedback from the IRS regarding money that was offset from your refund.

For more information, please see the link below:

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v