cocojones25

$300 dollars was deposited into my bank account from tcs treas 449 but when I call them that said I owed nothing so why is my refund lower than the $886 something I was suppose to receive

If you see “TCS TREAS 449” on your payment, you will need to contact the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107, and select the option “to find out if an offset has, or will, occur.” 

TT is not advised when the IRS offsets or adjusts a refund.  Wait for a letter to arrive from the IRS.

ninjamackk

I have the same issue i received 3151 bt was supposed to receive 8285 irs and tcs tresurey states I have NO OFF SETS..what is going on
smoney21

did anybody get their money back they were supposed too?
Spouse1234

My refund got deposited today and I noticed it is about $142 less than what I expected. I called and it says it was taken by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. So I have to call them later and see what is up.
Larrypanda

Did you end up getting tour money back? I’m currently going through the same scenario and I have no offset according to the phone robit

CassLO

There can be a number of reasons why your refund was less than the amount you expected. You will be receiving a letter from the IRS explaining the difference but this can take a few weeks. TurboTax does not receive feedback from the IRS regarding money that was offset from your refund.

For more information, please see the link below:

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?