turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

diego1234
Returning Member

2019 Premier Update and now I can't see my previous work

I started doing my 2019 return in Nov/Dec 2019 using 2019 Premier (Mac).  Today (Jan 6th) I launched turbotax to do some more work on my return. After I launched the app it required me to take an update.  After the update, I launched TurboTax again and now all my previous work seem to have been lost.  I went to my Mac time capsule for a backup of my previously saved work. When I launch the newly updated Turbotax and try to open an older backup of my John Smith19.tax2019 file, I still can't see the data I entered.  I would appreciate any ideas as I've already put about 10 hours work into doing my return.  Thanks !

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

renakilgore
Returning Member

This just happened to me this morning!!  Did you ever get back in or did you have to start over?

dosweg

Hi diego et. al.,

I just had the same thing happen. (This is for Windows 10). I originally started working on my 2019 TT Premier taxes in February, then stopped working on them after the deadline was extended to July 15/20. I started working on them again today (May 23/20), had to do a TT update, re-register the software (by re-entering all my personal info, email etc. for TT) before I could even get to try open my previously saved 2019 *.tax2019 return file from February. But I was not even given an option to open my previously saved 2019 file; the program wanted me to import my filed 2018 info and start all over. Nope, not happening. Here's what I did:

1. Made a backup copy of my *tax 2019 file, saved it to C:\Users\myname\Documents\TurboTax (where  'myname' is my Windows user name.).

2. With TT closed, Rt-clicked on the *tax 2019 file, Open With... and clicked OK to Keep Using This App TurboTax.

3. The file opened successfully, my previously entered data was still there. I then selected Save As with May-23-20 in the file name, just to create a new file to avoid any issues with differences in data or file structure.

Hope this helps at least a few people.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies