If you used our online services, then all of your tax information would still be on your online TurboTax account.
To retrieve them, all you have to do is to:
- Log into your TurboTax account.
- If you have completed them and filed using e-file, then to the left it should show either pending, accepted, or rejected
- If rejected you can go in and fix the return, at the end you can then download a PDF and/ or print your return.
- If accepted or pending then here are the steps to print and or download your taxes as a PDF.
- Go to MyTurboTax
- My TaxTimeline
- Scroll to the very bottom to where there are many hyperlinks
- Click on add a state, (you will not be adding a state, this will just get you back into your return).
- Click on my account at the top of your screen.
- Select print center and from there you will have access to a copy of your return.
As for if you used a download or CD of TurboTax, the only way to try and find the copy on your computer is to search for .tax in your documents and downloads.
If it is not there, I'm sorry to say that there is little that TurboTax can do, for it was saved onto your computer.
To prevent this problem, I suggest that you make sure to back up all of your documents to either an external hard drive or an online file, so that you always have the back up documents.