hbk5342

2015 my wife had a TIN number this year she received her SSN but am having trouble filing because they are not able to verify her identity

i am also getting request to verify the AIG from last year and i have verified her AIG from last year. she didnt have any income so am assuming that her AIG for 2015 will be the same as mine?

The problem is the SSN.  She hasn't filed using her SSN before.  You need to print your return and mail it in.  

Separately, you also need to inform the IRS of the change from ITIN to SSN.

What do I do when I am assigned a social security number (SSN)?

Once you receive a SSN, you must use that number for tax purposes and discontinue using your ITIN.  It is improper to use both the ITIN and the SSN assigned to the same person to file tax returns.  It is your responsibility to notify the IRS so we can combine all of your tax records under one identification number.  If you do not notify the IRS when you are assigned a SSN, you may not receive credit for all wages paid and taxes withheld which could reduce the amount of any refund due.  You can visit a local IRS office or write a letter explaining that you have now been assigned a SSN and want your tax records combined.  Include your complete name, mailing address, and ITIN along with a copy of your social security card and a copy of the CP 565, Notice of ITIN Assignment, if available.  The IRS will void the ITIN and associate all prior tax information filed under the ITIN with the SSN.  Send your letter to: 

Internal Revenue Service 
     Austin, TX 73301-0057 

Austin, TX 73301-0057