turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: 2 accts. Same w2 one completed with refund, one started not finished. Will turbotax use good acct for stimulus or will 2nd acct. Be a problem for stimus?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: 2 accts. Same w2 one completed with refund, one started not finished. Will turbotax use good acct for stimulus or will 2nd acct. Be a problem for stimus?

Not sure about your question. If you had already filed your taxes and your return has been accepted by the IRS, then there is no point refiling your return unless you want to amend your return for some other substantive reason other than just to change banking details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shaido7

I do not want to make any changes. I have completed the same filing but using my old account. I am worried that having a junk account with an unfinished tax return will somehow interfere with me getting stimulus direct deposited into my bank. I would like to know if I need to worry about the unfinished return? Will turbotax see it as a problem or will they just ignore the unfinished return under my name and use the completed return which is under my name and completely identical to the unfinished return?

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

No, don't worry about the the unfinished return. The only one that counts is the one that you actually filed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Returning Member

Victor I want to file my 2019 taxes,where do I go..

Shaido7

Thank you sir. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies