Solved: 1st year having a dependant, how do I know I reported it correctly and that I will be getting a return or not?

brittanymilko

1st year having a dependant, how do I know I reported it correctly and that I will be getting a return or not?

viktoriyab11

Follow the links below to see if you claim your dependant correctly and what credits you might be entitled. 
If everything is correct, you will receive an additional personal exemption ($4,050). A personal exemption is an amount you get to deduct from your income for every taxpayer and most dependents claimed on your return. 
If your dependent is qualified children, you can get a Child Tax Credit of up to $1,000 per child on your tax return.
If you qualified to claim Earned Income Credit, your credit amount would be increased with qualified children.

viktoriyab11