Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

1099misc income from out of state

Do I need to file a tax return from that state
1 Reply
Level 9

1099misc income from out of state

If you worked in another state you may have to file a return, but if the location of the company/person you received the 1099MISC is another state and you performed the work in your resident state, it is resident state income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings