rdsurber

1099div has box below box1b. The box has no number, but the description says "* Short-term capital gain". Where do I put the dollar figure that appears in that box?

The 100-div includes an unnumbered box with the following description:  * Short-term capital gain".  The amount in the box is not huge, but it does contain a dollar amount.  TurboTax does ask me about unnumbered boxes, nor does it tell me where to put the amount included in it.  So, where do I enter the figure for "Short-Term Capital gain?

MinhT

You should enter the amount of short term capital gain in box 2a of the entry screen for form 1099-DIV. The IRS description for box 2a is Total capital gain distributions. Which is the amount reported on your form with no box number.

MinhT