1099-MISC

1099-MISC

One of my dependent a full time College student,  received a 1099-MISC for a $900 she recieved as a reimbursement for traveling expenses for  a school sponsored event.

Is this correct ? Now, she needs to pay taxes on the $900

1099-MISC

Typically a 1099-Misc is given for non employee compensation.  Is such a case, you could file a schedule C, then list the travel expenses as an expense which should offset the $900 income.

1099-MISC

I rcvd a 1099-misc. do I need to file tax form and am I Automatically eligible for stimulus check

1099-MISC

I rcvd a 1099-misc. do I need to file tax form and am I Automatically eligible for stimulus check.

1099-MISC

You may need to file this year, depending on your situation.  See the TurboTax article Do I need to file a federal return this year? for current year filing requirement information. 

Additionally, receiving a Form 1099-MISC suggests that you might be self-employed.  Please see the TurboTax Help article Does a 1099-MISC mean I'm self-employed? for information.

As for eligibility for stimulus relief, please see TurboTax’s Your trusted resource for tax information updates during COVID-19 page, and the IRS’s Coronavirus Tax Relief page for eligibility information.