Solved: 1099 k and 1099 Misc for Uber and Lyft, I know I can only use one form of deduction,I used Mileage,why it shows Expenses to add right underneath it?what can be add there?

brunatasso

1099 k and 1099 Misc for Uber and Lyft, I know I can only use one form of deduction,I used Mileage,why it shows Expenses to add right underneath it?what can be add there?

I am filling out the form, and it shows expenses to be deducted, are tose expensive related to things such, if I bought an iphone to use for uber, cases, cables, water to serve customers, anything but expenses related to car?

TeresaM

Yes, you can enter those sorts of expenses under miscellaneous expenses, or you can click on the blue Add expenses and it will pull up categories.  Then, if you click on the blue triangle next to Less common expenses, it will show more categories. As you scroll through the list you may find other expenses you did not yet have on your list. Also, in the vehicle section, you may add expenses for tolls and parking.

click here for more tax tips for drivers

TeresaM

brunatasso

Thank you for clarifying.