1099-DIV says it "needs review" but does not tell ...

OtterC

1099-DIV says it "needs review" but does not tell me why. How can I figure out what is the problem? Thanks.

DaraLO

This issue was recently resolved.  If you're using TurboTax Online, please sign out, clear your browser's cache and cookies and sign back in to continue through with your return.  For TurboTax Desktop, make sure to download and install the latest software update.

ReferenceResolved: 1099-DIV with exempt interest income shows "needs review" after entering information

SteamTrain

@OtterC   @DaraLO 

Ahhh, but there is another 1099-DIV bug  that has not yet been fixed in the "Online" software.....if the software update didn't help.

IF you are indicating that part of box 1a is from US Bond interest on one of the follow-up pages....there is a bug if box numbers lower on the sheet underneath box 2a have not been used..

__________________________

but a simple workaround for now:

go back and 

1) Edit the 1099-DIV in question

2)  On the page that shows boxes 1a, 1b and 2a....just click on the box to show all the other boxes ( you apparently don't need )  "My form has info in other boxes

3)  Scroll to the bottom of the page, and hit "Continue"

4) Next page make sure you have the "A portion of these dividends is U.S. Government interest" and hit "Continue"

5) Enter the US govt interest in the box provided and continue out to the 1099-DIV table.

should be OK now.......don't uncheck that box in step #2 or it will go away again.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*