Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1095-A and 1095-B

@Hta wrote:

If I only received for 1095 B, what and where should I enter it?

A Form 1095-B is not entered on a tax return.

1095-A and 1095-B

My return was e-filed on 2/27 and accepted on 3/4/2020.  Today is 8/18/2020.  I finally got IRS on the phone and they said my return was being held up because I needed to file 1095A and an 8962.  I never received a 1095A and I never had Marketplace Insurance (I did work for a company that provided no healthcare at all).  I did have Medicare throughout the entire year and Plan F (expensive) Supplement.  My question is did IRS receive some kind of notification that I had received Marketplace insurance (I don't see how or from whom) or did I just mismark a box on my return.  In either event, what do I need to do to fix it.  Should I refile for instance.  Or what??  Please help!!

1095-A and 1095-B

Step 1 ... check with the ACA ... they may have issued a 1095-A that you never got ... if so get a copy mailed to you.  If you were on medicare all year you should not have such a form but mistakes are made.

Step 2 ...  contact the IRS to see what they need to process the return.   If you cannot get results from the IRS contact the taxpayer advocate office.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

Then press 4 for all other inquiries.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

1095-A and 1095-B

1.  I did contact Affordable Care Act people as suggested 800-318-2596 .  They were quite familiar with this 1095A problem.  As stated, I have had NO association with them in the past and therefore they would have never issued me a 1095A.  I have had Medicare all year including the very expensive supplement,  She checked all through her system and could find no record of me.  Therefore she assigned a case worker to my situation and said it may take up to 8 weeks to clear up but that I could call at the end of this period to see what had been done.

2.  I had already contacted IRS via phone previous to calling ACA.  I found the exact listing you mentioned in order to get a live person at IRS.  It worked like a champ although I still had to wait for over an hour on hold.  They are the ones who told me I needed to file an 8962 which is gleaned from the info provided on the 1095A.  Boy talk about an exercise in futility!!

3.  I also checked into amending my return via Turbo Tax.  To do so would have been extremely easy if I had actually gotten a 1095A but because I had not--I had to cancel my amendment.  I thought maybe I could have just added zeroes to the form but they wanted account #'s etc..

4.  So I am down to my only option which is waiting for ACA to clear it all up with IRS!   Still that is progress since I have already waited about 5 months!  Taxpayer Advocate does not seem to be an option in my City, State: No phone number!

5.  I want to thank you for your response.  A combination of my research and your great advice brought me to an anticipated resolution!!  Thank You Critter!!

1095-A and 1095-B

If/when the IRS sends you a letter asking  for the 1095-A & 8962  you can respond back with the information you have from the ACA  and the fact you could not have had ACA insurance because you were on medicare all year ... see if that is enough to break the return free. 

girwin50

1095-A and 1095-B

How do I enter the Form 1095 -B data into Turbotax? 

It is not listed in the Forms list. 

The Form list shows a Form 1095-A but not a 1095-B,

1095-A and 1095-B

You do not enter a 1095 B or 1095 C into your tax return.  Only enter a 1095-A if you got one.  

5315d

1095-A and 1095-B

I dont have 1095-A I have 1095-B completing info i can on 1095-A doesnt work????

1095-A and 1095-B

You do not enter a 1095 B or 1095 C into your tax return ... do NOT try to put a B OR C  on the 1095-A screen as this will mess you up. 

1095-A and 1095-B

THANKS!!!!!

1095-A and 1095-B

This answer was posted in February, 2020. Does this information still apply for filing 2020 taxes in 2021? That is, "no need to report a 1095-B--just keep the form for your records." 

1095-A and 1095-B

@bluecrow777 wrote:

This answer was posted in February, 2020. Does this information still apply for filing 2020 taxes in 2021? That is, "no need to report a 1095-B--just keep the form for your records." 

Yes, the answer provided also will include tax year 2020 filed in 2021.  A Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C is not reported on a tax return.

1095-A and 1095-B

No 1095-A received but did receive a 1095-B .. how do I enter this information?

1095-A and 1095-B

Again.....You don't enter a 1095-B or 1095-C on your tax return. You only enter a 1095-A if you get one. 

1095-A and 1095-B

@Bettie Linscomb wrote:

No 1095-A received but did receive a 1095-B .. how do I enter this information?

A form 1095-B is not entered on a tax return.  When asked if you received a 1095-A just answer NO.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies