turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1041 Grantor trust has to override line 4 Capital gain for 0 dollar amount. Software doesn't let to e-file. If cancel override still putting dollar amount on line 4. ???

Trying to e-file Grantor trust tax return. Having a problem with e-file. Software keeps putting dollar amount on line 4 Capital Gain (from Schedule D) which is then making conflict with type of trust (Grantor trust). Override line  doesn't let to e-file. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1041 Grantor trust has to override line 4 Capital gain for 0 dollar amount. Software doesn't let to e-file. If cancel override still putting dollar amount on line 4. ???

" Override line  doesn't let to e-file."

There should be nothing on Line 4 of your Form 1041 and you should not have a Schedule D in Forms in My Return.

The only way you would have an amount on Line 4 of your 1041 for a grantor trust would be if you went into Forms Mode and made entries or started a different type of trust return (e.g., complex trust) and then tried to switch to grantor trust.

For most grantor-type trust returns in TurboTax Business, there should not be much more than the Information Worksheet, the Form 1041, the Grantor Worksheet and Information Statement, and filing instructions. You need to delete all extraneous forms and follow the IRS instructions at the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1041#idm140630131825216

View solution in original post

1 Reply

" Override line  doesn't let to e-file."

There should be nothing on Line 4 of your Form 1041 and you should not have a Schedule D in Forms in My Return.

The only way you would have an amount on Line 4 of your 1041 for a grantor trust would be if you went into Forms Mode and made entries or started a different type of trust return (e.g., complex trust) and then tried to switch to grantor trust.

For most grantor-type trust returns in TurboTax Business, there should not be much more than the Information Worksheet, the Form 1041, the Grantor Worksheet and Information Statement, and filing instructions. You need to delete all extraneous forms and follow the IRS instructions at the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1041#idm140630131825216

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies