Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

1040 ez and schdudule D

I filed a 1040ez in 2016 and forgot to report stock sales.  The IRS sent a bill for the unreported income.   I need to amend my 1040ez to include the sales of stock as the IRS bill has billed me more then due.   



1. Can I amend a 1040ez and add a schedule D?  I guessing not.

2.  If I can not do that what should I do?  How would a refile my taxes for that year?


Thank You!

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

1040 ez and schdudule D

Yes you can amend the 2016 return and make the corrections for a schedule D. See the instructions below.


How to amend a previously filed return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"