Turbo Visa® Debit Card and Refund Advance Stimulus... - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

Turbo Visa® Debit Card and Refund Advance Stimulus Payments

Green Dot identified an issue that impacted some accounts, but those affected should now be open and accessible. If you're still experiencing issues, reach out to Green Dot directly at 1-866-795-7597.

The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto Turbo Visa® Debit Cards.

Refund Advance or Turbo Visa® Debit Card customers should receive their stimulus payments without delay.

If your stimulus payment was deposited to your Turbo Card, text BAL XXXX (XXXX are the last 4 digits of your card number) to 43411 to get your available balance.

You can also check the status of your stimulus payment through the IRS Get My Payment site.

The IRS has launched the Get My Payment site. It lets you:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type, direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information if it’s not already on file

If the Get My Payment site says, "Payment status not available" it’s for one of the following reasons:

• The IRS hasn’t finished processing your 2019 return, Stimulus Registration, or IRS Non-Filers entry.
  • Get My Payment doesn’t have your data yet.
  • If you receive Social Security, VA benefits, SSA or RRB Form 1099 and don’t typically file a return, your information isn’t available in Get My Payment yet.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment.

Get My Payment information is only updated once per day, so check back tomorrow to see if your status has changed.

The IRS is using information from your last filed tax return (2019 or 2018) to send your stimulus payment.

If you aren’t sure how the IRS will be sending your stimulus, you can use the IRS Get My Payment tool to check. If they haven’t sent your stimulus payment yet, you can update your direct deposit information. If they already sent your payment, there's nothing you can do to change your payment method.

If you don't have your physical Turbo Visa Debit Card anymore, don’t worry. You can request a replacement card by either signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account or calling 888-285-4169 and reporting your card lost/stolen. We’ll waive or refund standard replacement fees so there’s no cost to you.

With your Turbo Visa Debit Card, you can withdraw your money at more than 19,000 fee-free ATMs across all 50 states.

You can request a check for the money on your Turbo Visa Debit Card by calling Green Dot at 888-285-4169 and speaking to a customer service specialist. You’ll get your check in the mail in approximately 14–21 days.

If the account you received your refund in is closed or no longer active, the bank will reject the stimulus payment deposit and return the money to the IRS. The IRS will then mail either a check or a prepaid debit card to the address on your 2019 or 2018 tax return, or the address on file with the U.S. USPS, whichever is more current. Go here for more info about the IRS stimulus payment cards.

According to the IRS, your Get My Payment status may have inaccurately said that your payment was being sent to the same account for the second time. Your payment is actually being mailed and the IRS will be updating Get My Payment accordingly.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post