I want to change a return I've printed, but haven'... - Community

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change a return I've printed, but haven't mailed

Since you haven't mailed your return in yet, you won't be amending your return because it hasn't been filed yet. To change your return:

  1. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  2. Select 2019 and then select Add a state (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you back into your return)
  3. You can now add or change your info.
    • Search as needed for things like W-2mortgage interest, or 1099-B to locate the section you need to revise.
  4. When you're done, print the updated return and mail it. (Be sure to discard the original return you printed. Only send the updated return to the IRS.)

Note: Instead of mailing it, you might want to e-file your completed return, since e-filing typically means getting your refund faster (22 days or less), compared to filing by mail (4 to 6 weeks).

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Privacy Settings