Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
United States of AmericaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaEnglish CanadaFrançais
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Help

How do I now enter Form 5498-SA if I printed but didn’t mail my return?

Form 5498-SA reports contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA), Archer MSA, or Medicare Advantage MSA. You don’t need to enter your 5498-SA; just keep it with your tax records.

You only need to take action if your 5498-SA differs from the HSA or MSA contributions you entered in TurboTax.

Keep in mind: Most HSA or MSA contribution info is already included on your W-2 when your employer contributes, and if you entered all of the info from your W-2 you should be fine.

However, if you need to add or change your HSA or MSA contribution info, here’s what to do:

(Read all steps before proceeding.)

  1. Select Add a state (you may need to scroll down; also, you won't have to actually add a state return).
  2. Then search one of these terms: hsa or msa.
  3. Follow the screens and we’ll help you enter or change your info.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Privacy Settings